Latest posts by Jay Lassiter (see all)
- Support & Maintenance: The Service You Should Expect After You Purchase Your Fire Alarm System - November 27, 2019
- Managed Access Control = Cost Savings & Efficiency - November 5, 2019
- How Remotely Managed Services Make Your Building Secure - November 5, 2019
How to Approach Typical Challenges for Campus Security
A Risk Assessment Checklist
- Stadiums, Arenas, and athletic fields- Venues that draw tens of thousands of people may require a separate assessment of internal patrol procedures, access control, and perimeter security.
- Electronic security systems- Are your security systems and solutions integrated, i.e., surveillance, intrusion solutions, access control systems?
- Dorms- Are the most up-to-date access control solutions implemented and if so, how effective are they?
- The surrounding area- How do close traffic patterns, local governmental infrastructure, and businesses impact the university campus?
- Parking garages and lots- Are all entry and exit points monitored by video surveillance and well-lit?
- Outdoor landscaping, fencing, and lighting- Do current unkept areas offer places for criminals to hide? Is there sufficient lighting to eliminate dark spaces?
- Current security procedures and policies-What are the campus’s vulnerabilities and active threats?
ABOUT IDS Alarm Services, Inc.
As an experienced security integrator, IDS Alarm Services, Inc. has served clients in the Southeast U.S. since 1990. Their innovative product offerings include Access Control, Fire Alarms, Network Wiring, Security Systems, and Video Surveillance. Contact us today if you have any questions about adding security or fire alarm systems to your property.