- Improving Access Control & Building Surveillance in “The New Normal” - September 30, 2020
- How Video Surveillance Reduces Risks Post-COVID-19 - September 25, 2020
- Important Considerations for Moving to a Touch-Free Workplace - August 27, 2020
Fire alarms are not only essential for the safety of your business or multi-family complexes; they are vital for protecting the employees and families that work or reside there. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) reported that around 57 percent of home fire deaths happened in buildings that had no smoke alarms or smoke alarms that didn’t work.
It’s critical to find a licensed and experienced fire alarm company to install and maintain the fire alarms on your property. The right fire alarm company in Brunswick, Georgia can design, engineer, install, and maintain the perfect comprehensive alarm system as well as monitor it 24/7 to keep your property safe.
Professional Installation Guarantees the Best Performance
Once a fire starts, seconds count. You must have a reliable and swift fire alarm communication system. Quality alarm installation guarantees your system works at optimal performance. For your system to function well, it’s critical to use high-quality building materials and ensure excellent network connectivity.
Superior performance helps save the amount of time that it takes for the system to register a problem and transmit that information to the monitoring center. Quick response to a fire alert helps the occupants of your property get out of the building safely. Subpar installation could mean death for you, your family, occupants, customers, or employees.
Routine Maintenance is Essential for Safety
Fire alarms systems are one of the most critical systems to install for protection against fire. Because of their importance, regular maintenance of your fire alarm system is necessary. Routine maintenance ensures that the system is working properly and allows the technician to fix any problems found during the inspection.
Maintenance, testing, and inspection also ensure that your fire alarm system conforms to the code requirements of the NFPA who oversees the regulations of these systems. Here are some things that an experienced and trained technician will do during the inspection process:
- Test the functioning of the control panel
- Clean the smoke detectors using nitrogen
- Test all the smoke detectors on the property by spraying an approved aerosol into the chamber of the detectors
- Test the signal and verify that the alarm panel receives it
- Test all of the heat detectors using a heat gun and verify the alarm activation
- Test all of the manual pull stations
- Verify that the monitoring center receives the correct alarm signals
- Check auxiliary devices
These are just a few of the tests and verifications that the technician performs to ensure that your alarm system is working correctly. Do your research and make sure that you find a reputable alarm service with experience in installing and maintaining fire alarm systems.
ABOUT IDS Alarm Services, Inc.